“Jeish al-Fatah’s Great Epic Operation failed to meet the coalition’s military objective of lifting the siege on our comrades trapped in the Eastern part of the city,” militants told their affiliated media outlets and on their social media pages, adding that “relevant calm has prevailed over the Western and Southwestern districts of Aleppo since Monday afternoon”.
“No more attacks on army positions has been reported since the final hours of this afternoon,” the militants’ media outlets said.
Also, the militants complained in their social media posts left in the last 24 hours that Abdullah Muhammad al-Muhaysini, senior al Qaeda-linked cleric and religious leader of Jeish al-Fatah coalition of militant groups, is to blame for the “humiliating result” of the Great Epic Operation in Aleppo.
The terrorists slammed al-Muhaysini for his “totally wrong strategy” for removing the army siege on their fellow militants under siege in Eastern Aleppo, saying that his “naive plans sent hundreds of fighters to meet their death”.
“It seems that al-Muhaysini has sent the foreign members of the militant groups to the Aleppo battlefield to get rid of them,” several militants wrote in their posts.
Based on the latest reports, tens of non-Syrian militants have been killed in clashes with the Syrian Army in Aleppo in the last three days.
A sum of 16,000 terrorists raided the Western and Southwestern districts of Aleppo on Friday in rescue of their entrapped comrades in the Eastern parts of the city.
Some 5,000 militants took part in the first phase of the large-scale offensive that is called the Great Epic Operation. Arab media outlets reported on Sunday that at least 500 militants of Jeish al-Fatah had been killed and 1,000 more wounded only in the first phase.
“Several commanders from Jeish al-Fatah, Nouralddeen al-Zinki and Fatah al-Sham Front (the al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group previously known as the al-Nusra Front) were among the slain militants in Aleppo,” the Arabic language al-Mayadeen reported on Sunday.
“At least 5,000 fighters, including scores of suicide attackers, participated in the first day of the terrorists’ attacks on government positions in the Western districts of Aleppo on Friday,” the source added.
“Terrorists also shelled residential areas in the Western districts of Aleppo with hundreds of Grad Missiles,” the report said.
Meantime, medical sources reported that Jeish al-Fatah launched chemical attack on residential areas under the control of the government troops in Aleppo city, inflicting casualties on the civilian population in the region,
“Jeish al-Fatah has fired chemically armed shells at government positions and residential areas in the Assad Military-Engineering Academy and 3,000-unit Housing Complex near the academy in Southwestern Aleppo city three times in the last several hours, leaving at least a civilian dead and 36 more vitally wounded,” the medics said.
“Based on evidence and the symptoms reported about the affected population, Jeish al-Fatah has used Chlorine in its chemical attacks this morning,” the sources underlined.
But after almost 4 days of heavy clashes, the Syrian Army troops and popular forces exerted unprecedented force on Jeish al-Fatah terrorists and drove them out of the Western and Southwestern parts of the city.
Reports from Western and Southwestern Aleppo said that the terrorists have withdrawn from all the few neighborhoods that they had captured in the last three days after sustaining hundreds of casualties in an all-out offensive to rescue their friends in the Eastern parts of the city.
Syrian government forces targeted several explosive-laden suicide vehicles of Jeish al-Fatah and forced the militants to retreat from their positions in the Assad Military-Engineering Academy, the 3,000-Unit Housing Complex and Housing Project 1070.
Sporadic clashes were reported in the districts of Zahiyeh al-Assad, Jam’iyat al-Zahra and the surrounding areas of Menyan (Benjamin) neighborhood until a few hours after midday.
The pro-government forces inflicted tens of casualties on Jeish al-Fatah and Fatah al-Sham Front (the al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group previously known as the al-Nusra Front) and pushed them back from Menyan and Zahiyeh al-Assad completely by late Monday afternoon.
Meantime, the Syrian warplanes carried out several rounds of combat sorties over terrorists’ gatherings at the neighborhood of Rashedeen 1, 4 and 5, the town of Khan al-Asal, and the village of A’waram al-Soghra in the Southern and Western outskirts of Aleppo city, destroying their bases, military grid.
The Syrian Army troops and popular forces have repelled over a dozen massive offensives of over 16,000 militants on their positions in the Western and Southwestern parts of Aleppo city in the last few days.
“The government forces have fended off all the offensives of Jeish al-Fatah carried out from the three flanks of Ramouseh, the Assad Military-Engineering Academy and the Artillery Academy Building,” an army officer told FNA on Monday.
“16,000 militants of Jeish al-Fatah have launched a four-phased operation (the Great Epic Operation) to capture the Assad Military-Engineering Academy in Southwestern Aleppo in the first and second phases of operation, and then in the third phase they would carry out fresh offensives to capture Aleppo highway, while the last phase of the operation would focus on the removal of the siege on the militants in Aleppo city,” he continued.
“Yet, they have failed to attain any of their objectives in the first three days of the operation,” added the source.
Commander of the Syrian Army’s Tiger Forces Colonel Suheil al-Hassan and a large number of his fighters arrived in Aleppo by late Sunday to join other army units and popular forces in the war against Jeish al-Fatah terrorists.
According to army sources, a long column of military vehicles carrying hundreds of Tiger Forces and missile systems arrived in Aleppo city on Sunday. “Several advanced Russia-made tanks have also accompanied the Tiger Forces.”
“The Tiger Forces and the commandos of the Desert Hawks Brigade, backed up by Syrian choppers, are due to launch joint offensives in Aleppo in the next few days,” added the sources.
Military sources disclosed on Sunday that the Syrian Army dispatched a large number of missile launchpads to Aleppo city to destroy Jeish al-Fatah’s bomb-laden suicide vehicles. “After intensified attacks by Jeish al-Fatah terrorists under its Great Epic Operation on government-held districts of Aleppo city, Damascus sent a large number of forces and military equipment, including missile units with highly experienced crew, to the Northern city,” army sources said.
“The fresh forces will deploy to the districts of Jam’iyat al-Zahra and Zahiyeh al-Assad and along the road to Menyan to reinvigorate the army defense lines,” they added.
Military sources also informed on Sunday that the Syrian Army would send more troops to Aleppo province to strengthen its forces’ defense and combat capabilities in the war against Jeish al-Fatah terrorists.
“Jeish al-Fatah has announced that more militants are to join the third phase of the Great Epic Operation to save their trapped comrades in the Eastern districts of Aleppo,” the sources said, adding, “The Syrian Army, for its part, has announced its readiness to send a large number of fresh forces, deployed in other provinces, to Aleppo.”